Friday, February 3, 2012

Day 7

I almost got into an accident on my way to work this morning. I think I can honestly say it was the scariest thing I've dealt with in the past 5 years. I instantly started to cry and didn't stop until an hour or so later. It really rattled me. As I kept replaying everything in my head, I soon realized that my crying wasn't from my fear, but from how I had reacted. When the car to my right suddenly came into my lane next to me, I reacted by swerving into the lane to my left. Luckily, thankfully, words can't describe, no one was there when I swerved. I didn't even look, I just turned the steering wheel. Hard. 
What if someone had been there?
What if I had hit them? 
What if I had really hurt them?
I know it's not wise to dwell on the "what ifs" but each time I did, a new wave of tears would come. I am so so grateful that my Heavenly Father was watching over me this morning. I am grateful that I saw the car coming to my lane. I'm grateful that no one was to my left when I swerved. I'm grateful that I have a sweet man to call while sobbing who won't judge me but tell me it's all alright. To the person who pulled in my lane, I'm not mad at you. You taught me a valuable lesson today. Next time, which hopefully there won't be, I will stay in my lane and let you hit me.

No comments:

Post a Comment