Saturday, February 25, 2012

Day 29

It's birthday weekend in our family. 
Today is husband's little brother's birthday and Monday is my sister's birthday. We're going to dinner with the in-laws tonight, sister is having a birthday bash at her place also tonight and then Sunday dinner with the family tomorrow. I'm going early to help my Mom make her delicious oriental chicken. I can't wait!

Same sister mentioned above and I went to a middle school girl's basketball game this afternoon. Want to know the final score? 10-11, our team. It was riveting. Because they won that game, it pushed them into the finals but they weren't going to play for another hour and a half. So to kill some time, I treated sister to a birthday pedicure. We made it back just as the first quarter began. We had decided that we were going to do lots of cheers and chants, ones that we learned from going to Utah State University.
 For examples, check out this and this.

Well, things didn't go according to plan. You see, the team we were up against, they were pretty darn good. They were ahead by more than 10 points the entire game. At one point, our fans were chanting "We can't hear you!" and the opponents responded with "Scoreboard, scoreboard." There's no comeback to that. I believe the final score was somewhere around 31-10... might be a little off. My favorite though was the lady sitting behind us kept asking why the girls were crying. This was her first girls basketball experience. All in all, it was a great Saturday afternoon.

As a follow up to yesterday's post, I think I'm going to offer to babysit Tobster more often. We played with dice, smashed some Play-doh, colored pictures, practiced letters, made mac-n-cheese, watched Cars, ate popcorn, jumped on pillows, and made a fort. I kept asking him what the purple die was because he says "purpur" and it cracked me up each time.

We're now off to Ruby River for a birthday celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment