Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Day 33

Tried to take a picture of the blizzard going on outside my window, didn't work too well. Guess who gets to drive in the blizzard because she has to go to class? Yup. Not quite sure what I'm going to do but I have to go. There's no question. I already know that one of the other girls isn't going because she's sick, and then the second girl said she might not be comfortable driving in the storm. So I might be all by my lonesome tonight. I can do this. I drive a Jeep. It has 4-wheel drive. I don't know how to use the 4-wheel drive but I bet I could figure it out if I had to. Husband has shown me, do you think I remember? Nope. 

Oh, I feel much much better today, but I sound like a monster. Whatever has been affecting me targeted my throat and voice. Everyone kept asking me what was wrong. Come on people. 

I finally went to the after-school program today, I didn't go yesterday or Monday. When I walked down the hall towards the kid some of them came running up to me and gave me hug saying they missed me. It made me feel special. Later I had one boy completely act out and not listen. It got to the point where another teacher walking by took over. I was embarrassed. I should be able to handle a 6 year old even if he is almost as tall as me. Ugh, sometimes I feel very inadequate but I have to remind myself that it wasn't anything that I was doing wrong. I just need to be braver and ask for help.

I read the Hunger Games again and am reading Catching Fire right now. I don't know why I love these books so much but I find myself smiling when they come up with ways to rebel. There is a down side though, I've started to have nightmares where I'm in the arena. Those are no fun. 

Happy Leap Year!

**UPDATE**
I made it to school in one piece! I even got to use my 4-wheel drive, someone who loves me decided to teach me again, just in case. Now I get to sit here, maybe relax a little bit, and then hope that the snow isn't too bad when it comes to drive home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment