Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 26

I almost lost it today. It got to the point where I was grinding my teeth because I was trying so hard not to say anything. The worst part? I was frustrated with the husband.
Now that I'm out of the situation and have had time to cool off, I know I shouldn't have let it bother me. But I'm human. 
I'm a believer that it's sometimes better not to say anything than to "talk it out." Others might disagree, and before I got married I might have been on the side of you should always talk it out. Tonight is a great example though. I think we avoided a death match by not talking to each other. Now when I get home from school, things will (hopefully) be back to normal. 

Alright, can we talk about The Biggest Loser please? I am sick sick sick of Conda. That girl is driving me crazy. I hate when the seasons are like this. What happened to just doing your best and losing the weight? When the game gets involved, I get frustrated. It makes me want to gain a lot of pounds, go on the show, and teach them how it's done. Do you think anyone has done that? Gain some more so that they can try out for the show? 

As I drove away from the apartment to come to school, I had a strange memory of one of our old neighbors. He was an odd one. You could see his balcony when you pulled into the complex, and more days than not, he was out there doing karate. Those were the best afternoons when I would come home from work and see him up there. He had a long version of a mullet, always had his shirt off, and always had some type of stick with him. It was like the Karate Kid, only ridiculous. 

Well, I'm sitting in class, and so far I'm the only one. Please please please let it stay this way. Remember how I had to do that suicide role play? Well, my partner and I were talking afterwards, and not only is she pregnant, but she is having a home birth. A home birth!! To me, that is so scary but she seems so calm about it. Her mother-in-law is a part time midwife so that's why they are having a home birth, it's going to be free. So in that aspect, pretty awesome. The other aspect, not so awesome, at least in my mind.

2 comments:

  1. Hey cute girl,

    I stumbled on your blog today and couldn't help but snoop and catch up on how things are going with you. I just wanted to let you know that I sure do miss ya, and it's sure hard to not have you in my life anymore! You have such a good heart and have always been such an example to me. Thanks for being such a good friend and for helping me though so much. I hope that things are going great for you two and it was sure good to catch up, even though it was in a round about way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comment was such a sweet surprise! I'm glad that you found my blog even if it was in a round about way - we miss you too and hope you're doing well. Your Disneyland trip looked like it was so much fun

    ReplyDelete