Sunday, March 18, 2012

Day 51

Oh St. George, I miss you already. It was really rough having to leave but we'll be back in 6 weeks.
We stayed at the Red Mountain Resort and I think we'll stay there again either for the half marathon next month or for the full marathon in October.
 
Our room was so pretty and the bath tub was so deep! There was one major flaw though, there was no door to close off the tub/shower area. The toilet was closed off, but not the tub. It made things interesting since we roomed with our good friend. 
This is the Relaxation Station. I sat here for a little bit while the boys checked out the facilities. 
  
This was my view from my relaxation bench. The boys found a steam room that they sat in for about 45 minutes after their race. They came back smelling strongly of eucalyptus. 
  
This is my cute buddy who I hung out with while everyone was racing. She fell asleep about 5 minutes after they left so I got to snuggle with her a little bit which was just what I needed.
 
The bandana boys
 Loading up the bus to drive up the canyon to the start line




 While Em took a nap, I sat next to her and read "Jurassic Park". I wish I could have fallen asleep. I was so tired because we didn't get to bed till after midnight the night before

 Travis (Em's dad, in the black) was the first to pass me right before the finish line

 Cute Angela with her neon shoes

 Kolten (in the black)

 Britt (Em's mom) and her shamrock hat and matching earrings

 Brooke (in green) who is Britt's sister and the current Miss Draper. It was fun talking to her about the upcoming Miss Utah over lunch

 Cute Eric
 The boys

We're so cute





 The Lavery family showing off

 Brook won 2nd place in her age division! I laughed so hard when she saw that the first place winner was 15


 So we left Draper around 4:30, an hour later than we anticipated, and hit traffic in Provo. We stopped in Beaver for dinner and to see the Schmids. Lacee is set to have her baby any day now so we were hoping to speed up the process by making her come out and meet us for dinner. We rolled into Ivins around 10:30 and were too excited to sleep, thus the going to bed late.

After the race and the boys relaxing in the steam room, we drove to St. George to eat lunch at the Pizza Factory. Our waitress wasn't very attentive so the boys took matter into their own hands and went and got their own food. We decided to leave right after lunch because we had heard there was a storm advisory for those driving North. The boys really wanted to stay but I had to put my foot down and say No because there was no way to get a sub for Primary. Looking outside at the blizzard right now makes me feel like I made the right decision for many reasons.

We stopped again in Beaver to visit family. Then when we got closer to home it was decided that we might as well stop at Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner. After that, it was decided they needed a treat so we also went to Coldstone for ice cream. By the time we got home, it was 9:30 and we were beat. 

Eric is pretty sore today but his mood has improved since yesterday about the half marathon. He did so great and I was almost tempted to sign up the half marathon to run with him. But, there is no way I could prepare myself mentally or physically in 6 weeks to run 13 miles. 




No comments:

Post a Comment