Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 65

Well guys, I did it. I taught a class, full of teen moms, and it went great. Well, kind of. The kids were so nice and were pretty responsive during some segments but afterwards they all said how great I did and that I was one of the better presenters they had. 

The downfall is that the teacher of the class, so the one who filled out my evaluation form, had comments that irked me. For example, she said I needed more class involvement. Here's the thing. I asked the class for participation at the very beginning of the class. I then had many times where I would ask for their comments/answers to questions but they were timid. There were a couple of kids who commented but if the class is silent for over 30 seconds shouldn't I move on instead of just stand there and wait? Alright I know I'm being nit-picky but it was a slight deflation to read the comments after feeling like I did a great job. Oh well, it's done with and I can now move on to the paper and be done with the class. Hooray!

Want to know what made my day better today? This. Specifically the video that accompanies the Disneyland post. I think whenever I have video clips I'm just going to pass them on to my little sister to compile. She's amazing at that kind of stuff. So Em, get prepared to make my Disneyland video next month.

I came across this story today while browsing my blogs. It's actually from one of the blogs on my sidebar, the Sullengers. It's extremely tragic but definitely puts life into perspective. I will be praying for this beautiful woman for peace and comfort and giving Eric an extra hug tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment