Friday, May 25, 2012

Day 118

Let me tell you a story:
Tuesday, Eric and I decided to go for a run. Keep in mind that I haven't run over a mile in over a year. That's a long time.
So I knew I needed to take it easy but once I got going I couldn't stop. What was meant to be a little 1-2 mile run ended up being 3 miles in the heat. To say I didn't feel good when we were done is an understatement. At one point, I was sitting on the floor directly under the air vent, shouting at Eric that he better get me something to eat fast because I was going to pass out.
Don't worry, I apologized later for that one.

I drank 32 oz of water and a protein shake which made me feel lots better. I ended up taking a shower, washing my hair, getting ready, and then going to Buffalo Wild Wings with Eric and our friends. Let's just say that's where the fun began. As soon as we walked in, the nausea hit me. Luckily the boys found a table quickly and I was able to lay my head down and demand a water immediately from our nice server. He ended up bringing me 4 more before I gave up and went to lie down in the truck. 

Andrea + Nausea do not make a friendly combination.

In all I think I drank close to 100 oz of water and half a bottle of Gatorade before finally falling asleep. Eric had just been to a company meeting about heat exhaustion and he said I was showing all the symptoms. Hooray for me. I slept pretty well and woke up feeling like a new person. I got ready, went to work, stayed for about an hour, then called it quits because the nausea was back. I drove home, climbed into bed, slept for 5 hours, then stayed there and watched TV shows on Hulu. 

It was the laziest day I've ever had but it was worth it. I had fallen into the slump where I thought I was never going to get better. Irrational thinking I know, but my mind wasn't all the way there.

To the friends who we went to dinner with, I'm sorry I was a big slug who just had her head down on the table the whole time. Let's have a do-over, yes?


I'm now off to the Bees baseball game with my dad, we have a date. 


No comments:

Post a Comment