Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 101

I honestly can't believe that it's been over 100 days since I started this blog. Looking back it felt like this time in my life would take forever. So glad it came sooner than I realized!

Eric and I drove to Logan Friday morning to celebrate the weekend. We stayed at the Springhill Suites and wish we could have stayed longer. I opted to go with a fancier room this time because I felt like I deserved it. 

 This is what we saw when we walked in, the fire place is just to the right. To be honest, the fire place wasn't as cool as I thought it was going to be. Maybe if it had been snowing it would have been more magical
 We ate lunch at Firehouse and got to catch up with my former boss Neal. We even splurged and got dessert. We then went to see the future graduate, miss Emily. I think that was my favorite part of the day, lounging on her couch laughing and watching video clips.

I hardly slept the night before, not because of nerves, but because Eric wanted the air conditioning on and it blew on my side of the bed. I can't tell you how many times I woke up from feeling the cold air on my face.

The next morning my nerves got to me and I almost had an upset stomach. I took it easy, even though I didn't want to, and just ate a banana and drank some orange juice for breakfast. I was jealous that Eric got to eat the waffles.

Eric dropped me off at the Quad and then left to go meet Em and the family to save seats. I'll admit I was a little disheartened that I was by myself not really knowing what to do. It was at that moment that I heard the bagpipes warming up. Even now as I'm writing this I'm getting tears in my eyes. Those dang bagpipes instantly made me cry and I had to call my Mom to calm myself down. 

It was absolutely freezing just standing there in line waiting for the procession to start. I wanted to take more pictures and video but my fingers were frozen. I was relieved when they finally started to move.
 
 I was imagining the ceremony to be rather boring, but each speaker was amazing. I knew Eric would like the key note speaker, who is a Navy seal and had many stories of training and other experiences. 

After the ceremony I met the family on the grass where I promptly took my shoes off because I had developed blisters. It's my own fault for buying new shoes but I couldn't help it. New dress = new shoes.

 Eric's dad and step-mom came which meant so much to me, I loved having them there



 Even though I'm not looking at the camera, this is my new favorite picture of me and my mom

 I love love love that Grandma felt like she needed to take her glasses off for the picture


 Honored that Johnny Cash came to see me

 Grandma bought me the prettiest flowers, oh they smelled so good and I felt like one of the cool kids who got to have a real lei around their neck

 Fancy new dress


 I did it!

And now, my all time favorite picture of the whole weekend:
Toby pointing to my cap that had blown off my head



Thank you to everyone who has supported and encouraged me throughout the past few years to keep going. It definitely wasn't easy but it sure has been worth it. 

Now it's Eric's turn to go to school, hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment