Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day 2

Sundays are some of my favorite days, Fridays and Saturdays are in that list too. Sunday is when my life becomes centered again from the crazy week before. I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Currently I am in the Primary, which is where the children ages 4-11 go for class and group time, called Sharing Time. I'm in charge of Singing Time so I get to teach them all the songs for the year. It is one of the sweetest and most humbling experiences I've had in life so far. I love that children have no filter and will tell you right away if you have made a mistake. This has happened to me on more than one occasion! We have been working on a particular song the past few weeks titled "As A Child of God" by Janice Kapp Perry. I have been so proud, all the kids have picked up on it so quickly. Many times I have to hold back tears because their sweet voices just warm my soul.

I'm trying to stay focused and work on my research paper that is due in, let's see, 5 days now. I get distracted by the easiest things. Does that happen to anyone else? This is a prime example, I got distracted because I wanted to update this blog. Sheesh. My goal of writing 2 pages a day for my paper has become unbelievable. Why is it that I can sit here, knowing I should start working, but able to shrug it off? I hate being a procrastinator.

No comments:

Post a Comment