Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day 1

This thought came to me last night while I was thinking about everything stressful in my life. Visions of work, school, expensive tooth implants, traffic tickets, bills, and vacations were racing through my head. I decided that I needed to start right then and there realizing all the good things in life. 
This is Day 1. 

I started today a high note, I went to the gym. This is quite the accomplishment saying it was a Saturday morning. The company I work for is doing a Biggest Loser competition at work. I entered because there are a certain 10 pounds that seemed to creep into my life the past few months and now won't leave. I haven't seen the results on the scale but I'm beginning to feel better and that's really what matters right?
I am currently in my last semester at USU working towards my Family Life Studies bachelors' degree. Working full time and going to school full time is no fun. Next Friday I have a research paper due as part of my senior capstone project. It has to be 12-15 pages long, I'm on page 6. I spent close to 2.5 hours working on it earlier, want to know how much I wrote? 2 pages. Yikes. Even though it seemed like a waste of time, it certainly wasn't. I was able to learn more about my Dad in the process. We were comparing adolescents today with those of 50 years ago so he was giving me insight of what it was like for him. He didn't have a checking account until he got married.. oh how the times have changed. I love having moments like these with my Dad. I look forward to the day when I have kids for many reasons, but one of those reasons is to see my Dad play with them.




No comments:

Post a Comment